Sunday, September 21, 2014

Blog Post #5

Before EDM310 I had heard a little bit about PLN since my mother is the technology coordinator for her school. However, I had not fully researched them until now. According to the Developing A Personal Learning Network.a PLN is the people, places, and activities which someone uses to help them learn. It is a way in which people can share their experiences and help others learn. It is a collaborative way to learn about new things. You can post things that have helped you, or you can go looking for ideas to help you. It is a give and take kind of thing. It is a great resource for teachers to help one another. It always changes, so therefore, you can always find new information. If used in the classroom, it allows students to be able to learn at their own speed and take some personal responsibility; just as the 7th grade student said in her video, 7th grade personal learning environment. I personally have not made my own symbaloo yet, but I have played around with my moms and I think it is a great tool for PLN. It allows you to keep all your work and important sites organized and it is all right there for quick and easy access whenever you want it. Right now I do not have a lot on my PLN. I am just getting started with it, but I currently follow some of my education teachers on twitter and I have commented on some teachers’ blog posts and a child blog post. I do, however, plan to make my PLN bigger and better. I want to eventually create a symbaloo and be in contact with lots of different experienced teachers all around the world. I plan to do this by both following them on twitter, if I can, and also looking at different teachers’ blogs. I believe in order to be a great teacher I must learn from some great teachers.
A Personal Learning Network Web

1 comment: