Sunday, September 14, 2014

C4T Summary #1

I am commenting on Howard Rheingold’s blog. His most recent blog post was Teaching Critical Thinking in a Age of Digital Credulity . In this post he talks about how there is so much information on the web now that it is hard to know how to filter through the bad stuff to get to the good information. He mentions that few adults are teaching children how to decide which sites are creditable and which sites are not. Howard also talks about how he as been asked many times if Technology is helping more then it is hurting us. His answer was that as long as we know how to use the technology properly then it is helping us. In other words he is saying that if we know how to tell if a site is reliable or not then technology is helping us. I told him that I agree with him. I agree that as long as we know the right way to use technology then it is helping us more then it is hurting us.


 Howard Rheingold’s next post that I commented on was Learner Interest- Driven Curriculum  where he was talking about a new way to improve teaching. This new method is being done at Pacific school of Innovation and Inquiry under the leadership of Jeff Hopkins. They are not teaching kids the traditional way with distinctive subjects instead they are combing subjects together and teaching kids in way that allows them to do things that are interesting to them. I think this is a great idea. I told him that I really find this method interesting. I feel like if we tried to change the education here to be more like that then kids would be more willing to learn.

No comments:

Post a Comment